It is a brand new week. Full of wonderful possibilities. Even when we face current trials, this week is still full of wonderful possibilities. As always, I am setting my goals based on my hopes for this week – taking into account my limitations as well. So if I don’t hit every single goal, it is okay!
Blog // Serving
- Write reviews (Sheets, Bevere, TerKeurst).
- Write blog posts for last week of Isaiah 40 study.
- Write blog posts for first week of Gleaning From the Heart of Jesus.
- Continue to craft homemade cards.
- Find one allergy friendly recipe.
- Take baby steps to eat better.
This week, I want to be intentional in my Christian life. I want to deliberately seek after God with my whole heart.
“Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—
they do no wrong
but follow his ways (Ps. 119:2-3, NIV).”
For me, this means: developing an attitude of prayer and continue reading//studying what God is like. I want to continue to read books, that fuel spiritual growth. I want to learn how to make the most of my days, even when I am not feeling well and must rest. So this week, I have a few books I am planning on reading (see below).
“We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.” ― Francis Chan,
This week, I need to intentionally seek Christ & to allow Him to fill my mind like Scripture teaches us to do.
“You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You (Isa. 26:3, NKJV).“
“So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will… And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God. (Rom. 8:6-7, 10, NLT).“
**Read for a minimum of 20 minutes per day**
- Read Bevere’s newest book (“Without Rival”), along with “Let Me Be a Woman” (Elisabeth Elliot).
- Begin “Really Bad Girls of the Bible” (Liz Curtis Higgs).
- Study Psalms 119:1-8.
- Continue with Gleaning study (& other studies).
immersed in prayer and studying my Bible, so God can speak to me.
I want to welcome the intimacy only Christ can provide, through time spent with Him.