Lately, I am fascinated with this idea of having a routine.
… Or, at least, a morning one. I need routine. I need consistency. We live in an unpredictable world, but we can create a weave of consistency through what we do.
School begins today! Perfect time for me to begin a brand new routine and set goals. My prayer, today, is for the goals to be realistic. While I have limitations, it doesn’t mean giving up. I can perserve and keep on trying (see Gal. 6:9). Jesus Christ is the One in whom I have chosen to place my trust.
This week, my priorities are centered around developing a morning routine, stayed filled up with the Lord, through my time spent with Him, and finding ways to just be. I need to learn to just be. That’s where contentment is found. That’s where joy is found. That is where my Jesus is found. He is there. I need to acknowledge His presence in my life. I need to acknowledge what God is actively doing, on my behalf. And, enjoy the people He has placed in my path.
Goals for August 14-20
// Do //
– Home –
- Clean bedroom and bathroom.
- Wash dishes on a daily basis.
- Wash laundry every other day.
- Keep table clean.
– Health (Physical – Emotional – Spiritual) –
- Wake up early, eat, and exercise.
- Take daily naps.
- Stay deep in the Word (Isa. 40; Mt. 4).
- Connect with other believers.
Review “The Longing in Me”. Make graphics for our Gleaning study
- Begin working on SOG’s “Author” piece.
- Begin to format next Scripture Journal (Exodus).
- Write up Isaiah 40 – week
2 and3 posts.
- Pray & study for Friday’s home group.
// Read //
- “Uninvited” by Lysa TerKeurst
- Read Zephaniah 3 (repeatedly)
// Learn //
Take the time and effort, to memorize Zephaniah 3:17-18.
For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will give you victory. He will rejoice over you with great gladness; he will love you and not accuse you.” Is that a joyous choir I hear? No, it is the Lord himself exulting over you in happy song. “I have gathered your wounded and taken away your reproach..” (TLB)
In order to live this one out, I need to get more specific in my plans –
- Study it – each morning.
- Focus on it – during exercise time (leave index card nearby).
- Write it out (a few times)– each evening.
// Be //
“Be present” could sum up, where I am this week. I want to learn how to be present in my relationships with God, through Christ, and others. Far too often, I am not present. My mind is elsewhere. So, this week, I really want to work on that. Just be present and enjoy the exact place God has divinely placed me.
What about you, my friend? How do you intentionally be present in your relationship with Jesus and those around you?
(The format for my goals, are borrowed from Mandy over at Biblical Homemaking)