We are truly blessed to live in a land, where having children’s Bibles are so readily available to us! Click here to see other Bible reviews.
The Goal –
Giving our children the Word of God is the best decision we could make, in terms of gift giving. Through the Bible, we are giving our children the opportunity to experience God for themselves – as they get to know God and learn how to have a love relationship with God through His precious Son Jesus Christ.
The Design –
The cover of this Bible is beautiful. It uses a wide range of colors, sparkles, and reveals the sea life. God has made all things – including the beautiful sea creatures. Not only is the Bible beautiful in its initial appearance, it seems as though it would be durable.
The first impression of this Bible is that it will be filled with kid-friendly approaches to getting to know God by reading His Word. I was surprised, by the lack of features involved in this Bible. Because the Bibles today are often comparable to one another, we can make decisions about Bibles like we would about the style of a kitchen appliance. There is not simply one choice.
My Concerns –
- Not quite designed to reach young children.
- It does not have a lot of features to help invite our children (especially younger children) into the Word of God. Features are designed to help them travel through the pages of God’s truths. It would seem to be of great importance for a child’s Bible.
- The print is smaller than preferred – which makes it difficult for some to concentrate and read
This Bible is a good choice. Reading the Bible is always a good choice. Buying our children a Bible is always a great choice. But, how can we make a great choice? Would this be the best Bible for our children? You have to make that choice for yourselves.
My Praises –
- This Bible uses a translation (NIRV) that is easy to understand.
- It accomplishes the intended purpose – to teach us who God is, how He loves us, and to know Him and His will.
- It will help our children enjoy God and His Word, as they take the time to read His Word.
Just a reminder, I was given a free copy by the publisher, Thomas Nelson, through BookLook Bloggers Program, in exchange for a honest review.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through BookLook’sblogger review program, in exchange for a honest review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.